Wednesday 4 April 2012

Get the Vision.

Here's another thought. We learn in the Book of Mormon that miracles are a feature of God's true Church on the Earth. Moroni 7:28 "have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay". This is important to me. If you, like me, have struggled and suffered for years, it is important to look for the miracle. I know that some readers will sigh, shrug their shoulders and feel somewhat weary. They may feel that they have looked for miracles over and again to no avail. I feel that God is in the detail of our lives. Miracles are available to us. Sometimes it is my lack of belief and vision that limits the outcomes I can attain.

Let me give an example. For years I have worked in education. A noble profession you might say. A worthy vocation perhaps. I do enjoy working with young people. It is a stressful occupation within which I have laboured nearly a decade and a half. I hopefully have accomplished some things and have been of service and value. Some changes in my role were suggested to me and I realised that my heart was not fully into what i was doing. A good friend, from a completely neutral standpoint, spoke to me and made a suggestion that a career change might be in order. I had never before thought of this. A new feeling of invigoration overtook me and I was excited again. I never realised that I had lost the excitement for what I was doing. As a result, I feel it is time for a change. My vision has increased and I am ready to move on in my life. I honestly did not believe that change was possible. My inner script had told me that, as a thirty something, change was not going to happen. Who wrote that script? Why was I so blind to any alternative ideas? My lack of belief that change was not an option had hemmed me in.

How does this fit in with miracles? It was a miracle that the right friend at the right time had the conversation I needed. The Lord had softened me up a bit and I was ready to listen, unlike ever before. As I said, God is in the detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment