Thursday 12 April 2012

Out For a Run

I went for a run this evening. I would like to classify myself as a 'runner'. I have run past the local football (soccer) stadium in the past and felt out of puff before I have completed what would be the length of the pitch. The "stars" of the mighty Scottish Premier League make it look easy when I have seen them on that pitch. The running part that is. They seem to have more problems with the passing, shooting and scoring parts. Interestingly, exercise is good for mellowing me out in brain stress terms. President Faust once extolled the virtues of physical exertion explaining that generations past had an advantage as they were heavily involved in physical labour e.g. working the land etc. My Grandfathers worked in farming and coal mining. I'm not saying that emotional issues were non-existent but if my experiences are anything to go by it is easier to think straight when physically active. On another, note a friend of mine claims that, as a result of a more sedentary lifestyle, human core temperature has dropped by a single degree (Celsius) in the last 100 years making our immune systems five times weaker. Hmmmmmm. Don't know what I think about that. Also, I wonder how frequently I need to go out running to be 'a runner'. Is twice every six months enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment